Non-invasive Ultrasonic/Radio Frequency (RF) Body Cavitation
- Completely Painless
- No Down Time
- Drop up to 2 dress sizes in just two weeks
- No needles, no chemicals, all natural
- The Answer to Liposuction
Ultrasound Cavitation is a non-surgical, natural phenomenon based on low-frequency ultrasound. The ultrasound field when applied to the targeted area creates bubbles in the liquid that surrounds fat cells, which gradually grow and implode. Membranes of fat cells do not have the structural capacity to withstand the vibrations so the effect of cavitation easily breaks them, while sparing the vascular, nervous and muscular tissue. Ultrasound Cavitation causes an emulsification of the solid fat substances, releasing the triglyceride fluid, which is easy to eliminate through the lymphatic system. After disruption and emulsification of fat cells, liquid which makes up the fat cells, in the form of triglycerides, is released into the fluid between the cells. This fluid is then metabolized. Water soluble glycerol is absorbed by the circulatory system and used as an energy source, whereas the insoluble, free fatty acids are transported to the liver and processed as fatty acids from food. The stimulation of the unit helps pump and move your own lymphatic system allowing your body to process this fat substance out. Over the course of 3-4 days your body loses unwanted stubborn fat and you lose inches in the area that was targeted. Areas we can target are abdomen, bra line, upper arms, thighs, saddlebags (any areas with stubborn pockets of fat).
What is Ultrasonic Cavitation?
Cavitation is a natural phenomenon based on low frequency ultrasound. The ultrasound field creates bubbles in the liquid that surround the fat cells, which gradually grow, and implode. As the membranes of fat cells do not have the structural capacity to withstand the vibrations, the effect of cavitation easily breaks them, while sparing the vascular, nervous and muscular tissue.
What happens to the released fat?
After disruption and emulsification of the fat cells, liquid which makes up the fat cells, in the form of triglycerides, is released into the interstitial fluid between the cells. This fluid is then metabolized to glycerol and free fatty acids. Water soluble glycerol is absorbed by the circulatory system and used as the energy source, whereas the insoluble free fatty acids are transported to the liver and processed as fatty acids from food. The fat is a solid substance, how can it be eliminated through the urine? Because ultrasonic cavitation causes an emulsification of the fat, releasing the triglyceride fluid which is easy to eliminate through the urine and the lymphatic system.
Is Ultrasonic Cavitation a safe treatment?
Yes, the technician will complete a questionnaire with you to make sure it is safe for you to undergo this kind of treatment. It is a nonsurgical procedure without anesthesia, it is non-invasive (no cutting, leaves no scars or need post-operative course) and it allows for a full social life both before and after the sessions. But remember always to carefully choose the center where you undergo it that they are properly instructed and pre-screen you for best results.
How long has Ultrasonic Cavitation been around?
Cavitation in aesthetics was introduced for the first time in Milan in 2005. However, the phenomenon called cavitation has been around since the 60s. Is Ultrasonic Cavitation painful? No, cavitation is a painless treatment. Mild redness may appear occasionally but does not cause pain. The heat caused by the equipment is perfectly tolerable.
Can these treatments be performed on male and females?
Yes, of course. Which are the areas where treatment is more effective? All those areas with localized fat: thighs, abdomen and buttocks are the most appropriate but there is no real limitation as to areas of the body although we cannot treat the female breast.
Is it possible to lose weight with Ultrasonic Cavitation?
Ultrasonic cavitation is NOT a method to lose weight but rather to shape the body. The treatment is used to reduce stubborn fatty pockets that just won’t go away with diet and exercise. Are the results of Ultrasonic Cavitation similar to those of liposuction? Yes, because it helps the body metabolize the fat cells permanently without damaging any vascular, nervous and muscular tissue. It is a completely natural process of allowing the body to breakdown it’s own fat.
Must you follow any guidelines before or after undergoing Ultrasonic Cavitation?
Your trained BSE technician will recommend a low calorie diet and to drink at least 2 liters of water before and after the session. After the session you will be required to do a small amount of cardio (brisk walk/jog) for about half an hour. Your trained BSE technician will have a specific protocol sheet, dietary sheet and intake form that we recommend all of our clinics to use to help optimize your results.
How many sessions are usually needed?
Between 3 and 6 sessions, however, you will be able to appreciate the results from the third session.
Does it work on cellulite?
Yes, low frequency ultrasound and radiofrequency generally works on cellulite by focusing on “cavitation effect” on the fat tissue while stimulating the skin to tighten when followed by (RF) and using compounds that help break up cellulite.
How does radiofrequency or pulse light work?
Radiofrequency (RF) works similar to the way your microwave oven reheats food. RF energy acts on your tissue to induce heat. The goal is to control the heating to be “just enough” to stimulate “good” tightening of your tissues.
How does radio frequency tighten skin?
Compared to other skin tightening treatment, the major difference for light and RF is that the epidermis or outer skin layer is not damaged in any way but the radiofrequency energy or light energy heats the deeper skin layers during the treatment. The body’s natural healing response then causes collagen changes in the skin with resultant skin tightening. A series of these treatments is usually performed for optimum results.
Will (RF) be painful?
The pain level depends upon the device and setting used. Our Ultra Slim Line is PAINLESS, has same day results, and will feel just like a hot stone massage. Older protocols, improper training and old technology were what used to cause pain and discomfort. The Ultra Slim Model has solved this with all the benefits of anti-aging for your facility.
Will there be scarring?
The risk of scarring is very small when your clinic is properly trained with both the ultrasound and radio frequency treatments. Make sure to let your technician know your level of comfort to protect your skin.
What are typical effects that occur short term?
Some patients may experience skin redness, temporary swelling of the treated area and temporary numbness of the area. Properly trained hands-on clinics are fully aware how to support and protect there clients with the “King Protocols”.
What are the benefits of (RF)?
No surgery required, minimal discomfort no discomfort with the Ultra Slim Model, may be used on all skin types, rare downtime, non-invasive technique that can tighten facial or body skin.
Monday to Thursday: 9am-4pm
Friday to Sunday: By Appointment Only
Policies & Etiquette
Adhering to our spa policies creates a happy environment where our professionals can focus on your needs. We appreciate your cooperation and sincerely hope you have a pleasant experience with us!
- FIRST VISIT – Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your first appointment to allow ample time to check in and complete intake paperwork.
- LATE ARRIVAL – If arrival is delayed, we will make every effort to accommodate your full appointment but service time may be abbreviated to avoid delays for other guests. Abbreviated treatments are charged at full value.
- LATE CANCELLATION & MISSED APPOINTMENT – We have a 48-hour cancellation policy on Botox/Fillers and Body Contouring Procedures; a 24-hour cancellation policy on all other appointments. Late cancellations are subject to $50 fee or 50% of the service value, whichever is greater. Missed appointments are charged at full value.
- PRICES & PROMOTIONS – We are committed to continuously expanding our services to ensure we bring you the latest and greatest technology. Although we make every effort to keep our website and spa menu updated accordingly, please note that prices, services, and products are subject to change at any time without notice. Special offers and discounts may not be combined. When presented with more than one discount opportunity, we will automatically give patients the discount of greater value at the time of purchase.
- PAYMENTS – Because our practice is limited to elective aesthetic medicine, we do not bill insurance. All prices are subject to change without notice. We accept cash, Visa®, MasterCard® and Prescott Med Spa gift cards; we do not accept checks.
- GIFT CARDS – Gift cards may be used toward any service or product offered at Prescott Med Spa (some restrictions may apply). Gift cards not redeemable for cash.
- REFUNDS – Services: We do not offer refunds on services rendered even if you are disappointed in the result or unhappy with the outcome. Products: We do not offer refunds on products purchased. Products may be returned for in-store credit within 7 days from the date of purchase when there is a documented allergic reaction to the product. Defective products (i.e., a broken pump) may be exchanged within 7 days from the date of purchase for the same product only.
- PERSONAL BELONGINGS – Personal belongings are the full responsibility of the spa guest and should be kept in your possession at all times. Prescott Med Spa is not responsible for lost or damaged items.
- QUIET ENVIRONMENT – As a courtesy to other guests, please maintain a quiet level of conversation in the spa. Additionally, we ask that all guests silence their cell phones during each visit to the spa.
- PROVIDER REQUESTS – We respect your desire to be with a particular treatment provider but we may not always be able to meet special requests due to illness, vacations, and unforeseen schedule changes.
- PRACTICE-PATIENT RELATIONSHIP – We love having you as a patient, but we do reserve the right to refuse service at any time, to anyone, for any reason.
- FULL DISCLOSURE – Our #1 goal is for you to be happy with our service and to love the results you achieve. We believe in full disclosure, which means we strive to ensure that you understand the treatments you receive and the risks and benefits associated with each of them. With this in mind, please be assured that our team will only recommend treatments and products that will benefit you specifically and which are medically appropriate for you. And if you have any questions at any time, please ask. We’re here to help!